Wednesday, April 18, 2007

So I started a blog.

Sooner or later this was bound to happen, therefore I have parked my horse and buggy in the garage and have decided to enter the 21st century. I do not expect to be so erudite that I will earn a mention on some web site sharing my thoughts with Plato, Socrates or Aristotle. I have more chances to be cited with Moe, Curley and Shem. Don't expect those expectations to stop me though. If it's on my lung, it's on my tounge. Those who know me in my role as one of the co-founders of http://prosemiteundercover.phpbbnow.com/index.php already know that quite well.

You can expect to see many different topics. I may post some of my photos of people, places and things. Please understand I belong to the class of photographers that believe if you take enough pictures you will eventually get a good one. Of course if some reader chooses to explain the difference between a bus stop and an F-stop to me, I will be eternally greatful. Until then I will have to rely on the point, shoot and pray methodology that has served me well for many years.

Also expect to see a myriad of lame excuses why my fantasy baseball team is languishing in the crapper. You would think that getting thrashed by your 10 year old nephew would be humiliating enough but being a glutten for punishment I keep on trying. Sometimes I feel like the "Energizer" bunny on the Monday after Easter Sunday with all my dumb trades and choices and that is one hell of a hangover.

Of course I will comment on the politics of the day. Be they Republicans (Rudy), Democrats (Hillary) or Elves (Dennis) they will be treated with the "respect" they have earned. Please take that with the understanding that if "respect" was taxable most of them would never even reach the level of being required to file. Attention publisher's of Roget's Thesaurus, here come a thought for you to publish. "Whoever wins the next election will be an improvement over the current administration." And you may quote me.

Being a "forum junkie" expect a few comments. If you recognize yourself I will not be surprised. If you don't recognize yourself, you are dumber than I thought. Idiocy and pure hatred are the true bi-partisan issues in today's Internet world. For example, David Duke is championed by both Right and Left leaning sites. You can't get more dysfunctional than that and not be on some serious meds.

So expect anything and everything.



No comments: